As a very broad concept, emotional intelligence has many manifestations. In real life, the most typical manifestation of low EQ is that it hurts others without knowing it.
In life, we often encounter people with low emotional intelligence, or at some point, we ourselves will make some mistakes with low emotional intelligence. This will undoubtedly bring a lot of adverse effects on interpersonal communication. Such as emotional damage.
If we analyze carefully, we will find that people with low emotional intelligence often have one characteristic: a single point of view to look at the problem, the reason for death, a tendon.
People with low emotional intelligence often form opinions based on simple superficial phenomena, and they will feel that this matter is directed at him, and only collect evidence that is helpful to support their personal opinions, and at the same time, they will understand all unrelated things or people’s behaviors around them. Connect
Ignore other evidence that contradicts one’s own opinion, and use it to argue or argue with others without being ashamed.
People with high EQ will form their own opinions after careful consideration, express their thoughts and thoughts methodically, and can perform detailed and rational analysis.
“Some people, their inner world is so small that they can only accommodate themselves.” As we discussed before, this is a manifestation of the lack of empathy.
Not paying attention
1. How come you can’t make a joke so much?
There are a lot of people like this in life. This kind of people don’t think very much when they talk. When they find that they are embarrassed, they usually use “I just talk about it, why are you such a joke?” To ease his own embarrassment. But the result of saying this is that it makes the listener even more uncomfortable. Therefore, you must think before speaking, and don’t try to be quick.
2. This is my personality!
The performance after a person makes a mistake can distinguish a person’s emotional intelligence.
People with high EQ will self-examine, review themselves, and find better solutions, while people with low EQ often use “I am a character like this, I can’t change it!” to shirk responsibility and meet this kind of person. It’s better to stay away from him.
3. There is something I said, you can’t be angry
Generally speaking, when hearing this sentence, the latter words make people totally unwilling to listen. If you ask this sentence, it means that what is said later will definitely make people angry or uncomfortable. If you want to ask more, just don’t say it if you know others will be angry, so as not to be annoying.
Don’t know what the boundaries are
It is necessary to maintain a certain spatial distance between people. It “separates” a certain “field” for itself like an invisible “bubble”.
And when this self-space is offended, you will feel uncomfortable, insecure, and even annoyed. We have a keen sense of physical distance, but we often do not know the distance in social interaction. In the final analysis, it is the lack of boundary.
5 ways to improve your emotional intelligence
1. Recognize your emotions: you can feel your emotions anytime and anywhere, and make decisions based on instinctive preferences. Use a practical perspective to make self-evaluation and have confidence in yourself.
2. Properly manage emotions: Let your emotions benefit your work, not interfere with your work. When mood fluctuates, it can quickly restore calm.
3. Self-motivation: take one’s deepest wish as a compass, and walk towards one’s goal under its guidance. Persevere regardless of frustration or setbacks.
4. Know the emotions of others: be good at understanding the feelings of others, be compassionate, be able to accept others’ opinions, and maintain friendly relationships with a large number of different types of people.
5. Manage interpersonal relationships: When interacting with others, you can control your emotions well. Can keenly judge the situation and the relationship between people. Be measured. Using this ability to persuade and guide others, negotiate to resolve differences, and know how to work with the team can make the team full of active atmosphere.